Premeds, Forget FOMO! Let's Talk About JOCO Instead
Feb 16, 2020
If you’re a premed, you probably feel like you’re missing out on a lot. You feel like you should be doing EVERYTHING because you can’t afford to let anything go.
Watch this video to discover how to forget about FOMO and embrace JOCO instead.
- “Forget about FOMO and adopt what I call JOCO.”
- FOMO, the Fear Of Missing Out, hinders so many premed students because they think they can’t miss out on anything. They have to try everything and never master just one thing.
- JOCO stands for the Joy Of Consciously Opting Out.
- You might feel pressured to be doing something in your premed career, but take the time to think if you truly should be doing those things. Are they really serving you?
- Develop the mindset that you always have an option. Think about every single thing you do and if you should REALLY be doing it and if it’s truly impactful to you.
- Even if something you’re interested in doesn’t directly relate to medicine, it could still help you when applying to medical school because it will show your passion and drive.
- You should be able to let your hair down a little! Don’t feel like you have to fill every minute of every day with the activities you “should” be doing. Reward yourself for the hard work you’re doing.
The Dr. Pinesett Digest
Receive exclusive discounts, special offers and be the first to get fresh updates from Dr. Pinesett.